Thanksgiving is just a few days away, and if you’re going to be hosting some friends or family member’s this year you’re probably spending this weekend getting your home ready for your guests! Below we’ve outlined a few of our favorite tips to get your home ready for company and to enjoy a relaxing holiday!
1. Clean! Of course the obvious first answer is to clean up your home! Picking up the small things, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming, and dusting throughout the home is your first step in creating a great Thanksgiving environment for your guests! In addition, displaying some fresh flowers to your front porch will also create a welcoming environment for your guests before they’ve even entered your home! Once you’ve done this step you’ll be more prepared to do the more in-depth tasks that will really help your home shine!
2. De-clutter. A lot can be said for spring cleaning, but what a lot of us need is a time later on in the year to really go through the home and clean out unnecessary items. Taking a few hours to clean out a few cabinets or closets as a sort of “mini spring clean” can really help you feel better about your home this fall!
3. Deep clean your kitchen. In addition to de-cluttering your home, now is a great time to give your kitchen a good deep clean before all of the holiday cooking starts up for the next couple of months! Take this time to deep clean your oven, clean out your refrigerator, clean your silverware, and any other kitchen tasks that get pushed aside week-to-week. You’ll love starting your holiday food prep with a clean slate!
4. Light a candle. Now that your home has been cleaned, dusted, and shined you’re ready for guests! A great extra touch is to light a warm and inviting candle for when your guests are set to arrive. Especially if they’re set to arrive before all of the main cooking is beginning, it will add to your home’s warm and inviting feeling!
5. Play some music! Looking to stand out a little? Create a playlist of your favorite music to play throughout your home! Whether it’s your favorite artist, or you want to get a jump start on all of your favorite Christmas tunes, music always creates a more relaxing environment! Your guests will love this extra touch!